Who doesn’t like waffles? From Eggos to Waffle House, and even Belgium Waffles, we’ve eaten our fair share. We’ve even ordered them with fruit compote on top.
What if I told ya you can put the fruit IN the waffle?
Sorry, this is not gluten-free.
3c (604.8g) All-purpose flour
1 tbsp (15g) Baking Powder
1 tsp (5g) cinnamon
2c (.47l) milk
1/2c (.12l) vegetable oil
1 tsp (4.92ml) Vanilla extract
3 Medium Bananas
2 eggs lightly beaten
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl. Make sure there are as few lumps as possible.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the bananas.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Evenly spread 2/3 cup (156ml) of the mixture onto waffle iron. Wait until it is cooked thoroughly.
It makes 7-9 waffles.
You can top it with syrup, honey, or even peanut butter because peanut butter goes with bananas any day of the week.
Anissa “Maddy” Walker