To be completely truthful, this is the first time I have cooked this dish. My mother approved of it, and so, it is now posted on the blog for posterity.
My mom was in the mood for it and wondered how you would go about cooking it. Of course, I am the one who volunteered.
Here is how I made it come together.
The potatoes? Cheddar and bacon mash.
1 pound lean ground beef
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup minced onions
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1.5 tsp ground sage
6 tsp fresh parsley, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
6 sprigs Thyme
1 sprig Rosemary
2 Cups Beef Broth
1/4 Red cooking wine
3/4 of an onion, thinly sliced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
1. In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
2. Weigh and separate into four equal patties.
3. Sear the patties on all sides in a large skillet.
4. Add the broth, onions, mushrooms, cooking wine, Rosemary, and Thyme.
5. Bring to a boil, and let simmer until the patties are done.
6. Remove the patties from the broth.
7. Mix the
You can use Buffalo meat in place of ground beef.