On my quest to lose weight and take care of myself, I am experimenting with new ways of making traditional dishes. One of these is stuffed bell peppers. I like to eat them, but I decided to change it up a bit and replace a couple of ingredients.
So, gone is the ground beef and rice. They have been replaced by ground turkey meat and cauliflower. I didn’t use butter or traditional Italian seasonings, going for a more spicy take. I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as I did.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Mix the Chili Powder, Cumin, and Paprika. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Boil the cauliflower until soft and break it into smallish pieces.
- Strain the cauliflower and put to the side.
- Add the olive oil to a pan or skillet on medium heat
- Saute the Onions until translucent
- Add the garlic.
- Add the mushrooms
- Saute both
- Add the ground turkey. Cook until almost done
- Add the spinach
- Cook the spinach until wilted.
- Add the diced tomatoes
- Stir until warm
- In a bowl, add the cauliflower and the turkey mixture
- Add most of the cheese and stir
- Cut the tops of the bell peppers
- Clean out the middle of the peppers
- Stuff the peppers
- Place in the middle rack of the oven
- Bake for half an hour.
- Let cool for five minutes before serving
- Serves 5
Until Next Time
Anissa “Maddy” Walker