Everyone needs a crock pot. They can be the BEST thing in a kitchen for one-pot meals, and using them to finish a beef stew is one of them.
Many people love a warm stew on a cold day, and during the winter, everyone is looking for hot pots, stews, and soups.
This is my personal recipe.
This one is going to be written a little differently.
Ingredients: Beef Prep
1.178kg Stew meat
1/2 cup Red cooking wine
1 tbsp + 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Oregano
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tbsp Basil
1 tbsp Coriander
1/2 tbsp Cumin
Directions: Beef Prep
1. Place stew meat in a mixing bowl
2. Place the other ingredients in a smaller mixing bowl.
3. Mix well.
4. Mix the marinade into the stew meat.
5. Make sure every piece of beef is coated with the marinade.
6. Cover and place in refrigerator.
Ingredients: Veggie Prep
In order for everything to have flavor, you need a good broth for the veggies.
103g Celery, chopped
40g white onion, chopped
88g bell pepper, chopped
53g shredded carrots
173g stew beef, the more fatty pieces
1/2 tsp salt
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tsp olive oil
- Saute onions and celery with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- When the onions are translucent, add the bell pepper, garlic, and carrots.
- Saute for five minutes.
- Add the meat and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the water.
- Bring to a boil, stir, and lower to medium heat and cook for 1 hour.
- Strain out the stock ingredient and put the broth back in the bowl.
- Add the 553g chopped potatoes and cook until 1/2 hard.
- Add the 180g of peas and carrots
- Cook the vegetables until al dente.
- Strain the veggies out and reserve the broth.
Ingredients: More beef Prep.
1 small white onion, minced
1/4c tomato sauce
1 pinch of baking soda
4 Small laurel leaves
2 Cloves of Garlic
- Saute the onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the garlic
- Add the meat, laurel leaves, and tomato sauce.
- Cook until rare.
Not-so-pro tip: baking Soda in Tomato sauce
When I say a pinch, I mean the amount on the left. This little bit of baking soda has been a lifesaver for my husband who suffers from heartburn. It cuts the acid from the tomato sauce.
Do NOT put any more than what is on the left or it will taste like soap.
When you are prepping the beef, it should look like this before it’s rare.
The Stew Part
- Add the beef and mix in the veggies.
- Add the broth until it’s two inches from the lid ledge.
- Cook on low for two hours.
- Take three tbsp of all-purpose flour
- Add 1/4 of the liquid from the crock pot.
- Mix well.
- Stir the mixture back into the stew. This will thicken it.
- Turn it on high for two hours.
Makes 7 servings.
I like serving this over rice.
Until next time, my loveable misfits,
Anissa “Maddy” Walker