Ah, fall, the turning of the leaves, the cooler weather, pumpkin spice everything, and people yelling at the QB because he has become colorblind or screaming at the ref accusing them of making a bad call.
It’s football season, and with the season comes all the snacks you can either order or make yourself. So, here is the first recipe of football season:
4 oz. of cream cheese
1/4c sharp cheddar
1/2 tsp chili powder
12 slices of bacon
1. Preheat your oven to 400F
2. Slice the peppers in half.
3. Clean out the insides.
BEWARE. Depending on your respiratory health and resistance to spice in general, you may have trouble breathing. I did.
4. Mix the chili powder, cream cheese, and cheddar.
5. Stuff the half-peppers with the mixture.
6. Wrap each half with the bacon.
7. Place the poppers on a broiling rack. This will help the grease drain while they bake in the oven.
I recommended the broiling tray after my mistake on the left.
8. Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on how crispy you like your bacon.
There are more recipes coming. So, hold on to your team caps!
Anissa “Maddy” Walker